Metuchen / Edison Dog Training
Planning on bringing home a new four legged addition to your family? Not sure what is the best method of Basic Obedience Training? We can help! We provide Positive Reinforcement Training using praise and/or treats to reward your dog for doing something you want him to do. Because the reward makes him more likely to repeat the behavior, positive reinforcement is one of your most powerful tools for shaping or changing your dog’s behavior.
We do not believe in forceful negative correction that overwhelms and confuses the dog. We will teach you to teach your dog basic obedience, leash walking, home manners. Lots of Fun games to play with your dog. Contact us today to discuss your needs so we may set up a plan and specialized quote.
Training is available in Metuchen, Edison, Fords, Highland Park, and surrounding towns. Travel fees may apply for some areas.
(Puppies 8 weeks–4 months) We aim to create a strong behavioral foundation for a balanced dog while emphasizing socialization with people and other dogs. We will teach your dog house manners, basic obedience and help you with problem prevention. Our classes teach only science -based positive reinforcement methods.
Adult Basic Obedience Classes
(5 months and older). This class teaches owners and dogs regardless of prior experience. We aim to enhance the bond between owner and dog. Even dogs with no formal training, or who need a refresher, will benefit. We will teach basic obedience, other commands, and address common behavioral issues.
In Your Home Private Training
Private Training- 60-90 minutes
Our 4-session package is a great start for any type of pet parent or dog.
- Puppies. In just 4 sessions, we will start your puppy on the right track at home, establishing the groundwork for a lifetime of good manners during this most critical period of their development. We work with dogs 6-weeks or older.
- Young and adult dogs. Many dogs have had some training, but not enough. Start with our 4-session package and we will pick up and continue from wherever training was left off.
- Refresher course. It’s easy to lose track of good behaviors, but dogs can regain them at any age and we can provide the knowledge and structure needed to help. A 4-session package is a great start to get good behavior back on track.
How much does Paws First Positive Training cost?
- Single training sessions start at $125 per session.
- 4 -session package: $480
- 7 -session package: $805
Private One-On-One Behavioral Consultation at the client’s home
Behavioral consultations are for owners who have dogs with specific behavioral challenges. In the clients home.
- Single training sessions start at $150 per session.
- 4 -session package: $580
- 7 -session package: $980
10-session package: $1350
Why Paws First Positive Training is the right choice for you and your dog.
We are: Certified, experienced, and ready to listen to your concerns and goals.
You will receive a specialized program:
We will address the needs of each dog and family. We will work with you to set a program that directly addresses the specific behaviors of your dog in their own environment.
We offer convenient, flexible scheduling:
We come to your home (and yard) at a time that is convenient for you.
We provide training for family members
We will work with the adults and children so everyone is consistent.
You will benefit from our Positive training
We will help you build a special bond with your pup. We will cover basic manners and advanced commands, including come, sit, down, stay, leave it, loose leash walking, wait, and much more.